Fea's Petrel photographed in a pelagic in Galicia (Pablo Gutiérrez Varga). Estaca de Bares actually is the best cape in mainland Europe to watch these Petrels, sometimes quite close.
Main seabird rarities at Estaca
- October 17, 2004 (Pablo Gutiérrez Varga, Antonio Gutiérrez Pita, Ignacio Allegue).
- November 11, 2004 (Pablo Gutiérrez Varga, Pablo Pita Criado, Antonio Gutiérrez Pita, Ignacio Allegue).
- November 27, 2012 (Ricardo Hevia).
Fea’s / Madeira Petrel
In the last years there have been an increasing number of sights of Fea’s / Maderia Petrel from Estaca, with up to 16 sightings in 2011. The best months to watch them are August and September. Estaca de Bares is the best cape in mainland Europe to watch Pterodroma Petrels.
- October 27, 2002 (Antonio Sandoval Rey, Ana Torres Jack).
- April 21, 2012 (Ricardo Hevia Barcón, Antonio Martínez Pernas).
Cape Verde Shearwater
- August 23th, 2001 (Antonio Sandoval Rey).
- 12 sightings 1994 - 2012.
- September 12, 2003 (Antonio Sandoval Rey)
- August 13 and 17, 2011 (Antonio Sandoval Rey, David Martínez Lago, Ricardo Hevia Barcón).
- September 18, 2010 (Antonio Sandoval Rey, Ricardo Hevia Barcón, Álvaro Barros López).
- November 5th, 2014 (Ricardo Hevia Barcón).
South Polar Skua
September 10, 2011 (Antonio Sandoval Rey, Dave McAdams, Ricardo Hevia, Toño Salazar, Mario Alonso, José Gómez Aparicio).
November 26, 2010 (Ricardo Hevia)